Welcome to Ahlam Academy!
Get ready to experience the joy of learning the world’s most beautiful dance in the far west Houston area! Get a workout and learn to dance at the same time. Meet new friends. All ages (teen-adult) and sizes welcome. No experience necessary!
- Group belly dancing classes
- Private bellydance lessons
- Middle Eastern Dance Certification Program
- Two troupes: Ahlam Student Troupe & Ahlam Dance Company
- Dance Entertainment for Parties / Events
Our studio in the Copperfield / Katy / Cypress area: “Oriental Phoenix Arts” 17310 FM 529 #111, Houston TX 77095
Why Learn at Ahlam Academy?
There are many places to learn to Belly Dance in Houston. So, what sets Ahlam Academy a part from other dance schools:
- Middle Eastern, Turkish, Pan-Arabic dances are what we do! We are passionate about preserving and perpetuating folkloric, traditional, and modern dance forms. Our goal for our students is to have them “Dance Like an Egyptian” in an authentic way that honors the people and cultures these dances come from.
- Dedication to the development of every student. We believe everyone has a special gift to share and we help everyone develop themselves into the best dancer they can be. PERIOD. We value diversity and create a fun, welcoming, non-competitive place where EVERYONE can grow.
- Your dance education isn’t left to chance. We have a comprehensive, systematic program to provide you the most technical development, knowledge immersion, and dance experiences in the shortest time possible.
- No long-term contracts. We offer month-to-month memberships and drop-ins. Sometimes we offer discounted class packages.
- No class lapses. We offer classes throughout the year, except a few holidays.
- You can start anytime. Each class is a nice, neat little package on its own. No need to wait for the beginning of a new session or open registration.
Watch &Learn Belly Dance Now
Never miss a video! Subscribe to Ahlam Academy’s YouTube channel
Upcoming Workshops & Events
1st Tuesday of every month @ 8pm
Rhythm & Dance Night
During the Middle East Specialty/Combo class. Open to all students / all levels; Bring doumbeks, zills, and your dancing booty!
January 29th 12pm-2pm
Beginner Belly Dance: Level 1 Technique Review Workshop
January 29th 2:30-5pm
History & Geography of Oriental Dance Workshop
February 26th 12pm-6pm
Dancer Photo Shoot with Le Vieux Loup Photography
March 5th 6pm-8pm
Jewels of Arabia Show
March 26th 1pm-3pm
Dress for Success: Belly Dance Costuming Workshop